Institutions and Initiatives with Leadership Group Member Affiliation
- Alliance of Civilizations, United Nations (Shamil Idriss) - an initiative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, co-sponsored by the Prime Ministers of Spain and Turkey, that seeks to forge collective political will and to mobilize concerted action at the institutional and civil society levels to overcome prejudice, misperceptions and polarization.
- American Society for Muslim Advancement (Daisy Khan) - an Islamic cultural and educational organization dedicated to fostering an American-Muslim identity and building bridges between American Muslims and the American public.
- American Task Force on Palestine (Ziad Asali) - an organization that advocates to the American people the national security interests of the United States in establishing a Palestinian state.
- Center for World Religions, Diplomacy and Conflict Resolution, George Mason University (Marc Gopin) - an institute that engages in practice, research and education concerning the contributions of world religions to conflict and to peace.
- Cordoba Initiative (Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf) - a multi-faith organization whose objective is to heal the relationship between the Islamic World and America.
- Gallup Center for Muslim Studies (Dalia Mogahed, Ahmed Younis) - a nonpartisan research center dedicated to providing data-driven analysis, advice, and education on the views of Muslim populations around the world.
- Muslim-West Facts Initiative (Dalia Mogahed) - a collaboration of the Gallup Organization and the Coexist Foundation to disseminate the findings of the Gallup World Poll to key opinion leaders in the West and the Muslim world.
- National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (Madeleine Albright) - a non-profit organization that seeks to strengthen and expand democracy worldwide through practical assistance to civic and political leaders advancing democratic values, practices and institutions in Muslim and other countries.
- The National Endowment for Democracy (Vin Weber) - an independent, nonpartisan organization created to strengthen democratic institutions around the world through nongovernmental efforts by making grants to support pro-democracy groups in many Muslim and other countries.
- The Washington Institute for Near East Policy (Dennis Ross) - a center for information and analysis that seeks to advance a balanced and realistic understanding of American interests in the Middle East.
Other Related Initiatives
- The Brookings Project on U.S. Relations with the Islamic World - a major research project under the auspices of the Saban Center for Middle East Policy, Brookings Institution that conducts public policy research, and convenes policy makers and opinion leaders on the major issues surrounding the relationship between the U.S. and the Muslim world through initiatives such as the annual U.S.-Islamic World Forum of American and Muslim world leaders in the fields of politics, business, media, academic, science, arts, and civil society.
- Islam in the West Program, Center for Middle Eastern Studies, Harvard University - an interfaculty program to enhance the knowledge on Muslim minorities in secular and democratic contexts in the West.
- Muslim World Initiative, Center for Conflict Analysis and Prevention, United States Institute of Peace - an initiative to address the vital foreign policy and national security challenges associated with the "Muslim world" through broadening Muslim world constituencies to advance reforms, fight extremism and terrorism, and promote peaceful relations with the United States.
- One Nation - a philanthropic collaborative that invests in ideas, people and organizations working to fulfill America's promise of liberty and justice for all; the initiative sponsors projects that challenge stereotypes and misperceptions of Muslims and Islam by shining a spotlight on our shared values, beliefs and responsibilities.
- Opportunity 08: U.S.-Muslim World Relations - a project of Brookings and ABC News that aims to help presidential candidates and the public focus on critical issues facing the nation, providing ideas, policy forums, and information.
- Prince Alwaleed Bin-Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding, Georgetown University - a center that seeks to improve relations between the Muslim world and the West as well as between Islam and Christianity, and to enhance understanding of Muslims in the West.
- West-Islamic World Dialogue, World Economic Forum - a community of business, political, religious, media and opinion leaders that promotes dialogue and understanding across different segments of society in the West and Muslim world.